Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

"Device Linking" icon never shows a connected device

Started by uzoo, March 26, 2018, 10:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uzoo

When I click on the "Device Linking" icon in the Bandhelper toolbar, I never see a connected device.

However, when I go to Settings / Device Linking then choose Follow Remote Control Events from... I always see my other device.

So, for me, "Device Linking" via settings always works. "Device Linking" via the icon never works.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks,
Chris

arlo

To be clear, are you clicking "Follow Remote Control Events from" after clicking the top toolbar icon?

I don't know why those two paths would work differently. They both work for me, and I do most of my testing using the top toolbar icon.

uzoo

Yes, I am clicking "Follow Remote Control Events from..." after clicking the top toolbar icon, because the Device Linking toolbar icon does not show a list of devices I can connect to.

I only see a list of devices that I can connect to under the "Follow Remote Control Events from..." settings option.

After I connect to the device I selected under the "Follow Remote Control Events from...", then the Device Linking toolbar icon indicates there is a connection.

My understanding is the "Follow Remote Control Events from..." option and the Device Linking toolbar icon do the same thing. That is, they both enable you to select a device to connect to.  Am I mistaken?

arlo

You can think of the top toolbar icon like a shortcut for the Settings > Device Linking page.

So Settings > Device Linking > Follow Remote Control Events From should do the same thing as [top toolbar icon] > Follow Remote Control Events From. They should both show a list of devices that are broadcasting remote control events.