Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Midi Presets for changing patches mid song?

Started by pianopop9, April 10, 2018, 03:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianopop9

I have my bandhelper songs setup to automatically change my key patches when the song changes.  But is there any way to make it change patches mid-song using my footswitch when I get to certain parts of the lyrics/chords?

Thanks for the help!

pianopop9

I realize I can add mutliple midi presets to a song but how will I switch between them mid-song?  and there is a way to trigger that if I'm already using my air duo to scroll the lyrics and change songs?   To clarify, I am not playing to backing tracks so automation prob won't work - this is a live band.

arlo

If you have a foot switch with lots of buttons, you can assign the buttons to preset positions -- so button 1 selects the first preset attached to a song, button 2 selects the second preset, etc.

If you have a limited number of foot switch buttons to work with, you can assign the button to select the next preset. Then you can add presets to the song in the order you want to select them, including duplicates -- like Verse, Chorus, Verse (again), Chorus (again), Bridge, etc.

Or to select presets from the screen, you can add Multiple MIDI Buttons to your layout, and then you'll see a MIDI icon and text label for each preset attached to a song, and you can click to select them.

pianopop9

I only have the airturn duo so limited footswitch assignment.   I use it to scroll to the markers and then turn the page which also changes my midi program for that song.  Can I place a midi action on a marker so that when I scroll to that it also executes a midi command?

arlo

No, you can't assign MIDI presets to markers. You'll either need to use the on-screen buttons, a remote control button (like a foot switch) or an automation track.

You could use one foot switch button for the Next Page Or Song action, and the other for Next MIDI Preset. Or you can connect 1 or 2 more foot switch buttons to the AirTurn. The "Duo" in the name means it ships with two buttons, but it can support 4 total.