Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Lag With Midi Presets

Started by Ruckman65, April 12, 2018, 06:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckman65

I start a song on my master device which sends commands to the slave device. On the slave device, I have the Automation layout open. There is no delay triggering the presets. But, if if I change to layout on the slave device to Performance, there is something around a 3 second delay before the midi presets are triggered. Why would that be?

arlo

Are the presets triggered from a layout action on the slave device when the song is selected?

Please submit a help ticket and then send the troubleshooting info from the slave device:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html

Ruckman65

I am not sure what that means, Arlo. I have recorded midi presets in the Layout setlist and these are triggered when I select the song. They are also triggered if I have a Performance setlist open but that's where the delay occurs.

Help Ticket submitted and Troubleshooting Info on the way shortly.

arlo

Do you see the same delay if you select the song directly on the slave device -- not using device linking?

Ruckman65

There is no delay using either the Automation setlist or Performance setlist running directly on the slave device. With device linking, there is no delay when using the Automation setlist on the slave device but there is a delay when using the Performance setlist.