Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Possible to start automation of track while previous track audio still playing?

Started by brettmckinney, April 12, 2018, 07:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettmckinney

(iPad App) I have a need that I figure is not all that unique.  I have an intro track that I play before we start our first song.  I can play the intro just fine through bandhelper, but I have to wait for the audio to completely stop before I can start the next track's automation (which plays two tracks and does lyric scrolling).  I was hoping that the setting 'Continue Audio When Changing Songs' would accommodate this.  However, it does not.  It lets me advance to the next song, but automation will not start while the audio from the intro track is still playing.

As a work around, I'm using google drive on my iPad to play the intro track in the background, then starting the automation in bandhelper at the point I want it to start.  But this is a hassle to do on stage.  I'd rather just be able to do it all in one app. 

Is this possible?

arlo

What did you want to happen? Did you want the first song's recording to play underneath the intro recording, so the audio for the two recordings is mixed together?