Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Smart List - Filter out Smart Copies?

Started by Ahiru, April 17, 2018, 06:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahiru

I'm using a Smart List to generate a list of songs, but I'd like to exclude all songs that are Smart Copies (i.e. include only the 'parent' songs).
My Smart Copies happen to all have the text 'Practice' in the Title, and also alternate Colors, but using Filters to exclude songs with any of those attributes seems to have no effect (still get all the Smart Copies included).

Could this be a Smart List limitation: If it pulls in a song, it always also pulls in any derived Smart Copy without applying filters?

arlo

It looks like the website can't filter smart copies separately from their parent copies, but the mobile apps can. Does that match what you're seeing?

Ahiru

I'm only using the website, and haven't tried it on the mobile apps (I use this Smart List more for at-computer work than when playing). 

But if you see the same thing on the website then I know it's not something I'm doing wrong.  Not a big deal, just some extra clutter in the list results.

arlo

Okay. I remember having trouble with that when adding smart copy functionality to the website, but I'll put it on my wish list to take another crack at that.

arlo

The new app version 2023-02-24 reworks the way smart copies are stored, so you can now filter and sort them separately from their original copies.