Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Acceptance Reminders for unresponsive band members

Started by LesStrangers, April 19, 2018, 02:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LesStrangers

I've sent out a date request with required acceptance checkbox checked, for a November 15th, 2018 gig. Three people have responded, three have not.

What is the best way to request (HOUND) the other three players who are being lazy about thinking that far ahead WITHOUT re-notifying the three responsible responders, by way of the request attendance form?   

arlo

The Require Acceptance function will only send reminders to people who haven't accepted or declined the event.

LesStrangers

I would have thought so, but specifically, do I need to uncheck require acceptance first and then save, and then check it again and save again?

How will the script be prompted that I want to send another notification to JUST those that have not accepted or declined without saving?

OR should I use the REMIND every________ selection, and then save. Perhaps that is the best alternative?

arlo

Yes, you should just select Require Acceptance once, then enter a value for Send Acceptance Reminders. Then BandHelper will check repeatedly on that interval and only send reminders to the users who haven't yet replied.

On a side note, if you add a user to the event later, BandHelper will send an acceptance request to that user right away, then send reminders on the specified interval until that user responds. If you remove a user from the event later, that user will immediately stop receiving all notifications about that event.

LesStrangers

I'll give this a try. Thanks for the bit about adding/removing from the event as well, that was something I was wondering about.

Thanks.

LesStrangers

Here is where I became confused. I sent out reminders just now to those three errant players, setting it to 72 hours. When I hit save there was no 'notification sent' confirmation above the screen indicating that a reminder was sent.

So either it won't send one for 72 hours   -OR-  it sent one and will again in 72 hours but didn't give me the usual 'notification sent' confirmation that anything was sent.

So I'm in the dark about whether they'll receive notice and when.

arlo

What do you mean when you say you "sent out reminders"? What buttons did you click?

LesStrangers

What I meant was, I entered a value of 72 hours to the event to prod the three unresponsive band members. And I hit 'Save'.

There was not any kind of a notification regarding that action, as there is when first requiring acceptance.

Does it send out an instant reminder and THEN send another in 72 hours? Or does it just send it every 72 hours after the change was 'Saved'?

arlo

Do you mean you first saved the event with Require Acceptance selected, but Send Acceptance Reminders empty, then you came back later and entered a value for Send Acceptance Reminders?

LesStrangers

Yes.

I did not put in a value for sending reminders upon first requiring acceptance. I fear generating too many notifications, which will only dull the already week responsiveness of certain members' knives.

I later went in, after not receiving notifications from three players, and inserted a value of 72hours for requiring acceptance.

arlo

In that case, the reminders would be sent either at the top of the next hour, or at the top of the next hour after the time you entered the event plus the reminder interval, whichever is later. Reminders won't be sent immediately when you save the event in either case, so you won't see the confirmation message in your browser.

Example 1: You enter an event and select Require Acceptance on Monday at 1:30. On Wednesday at 4:30, you edit the event and add a reminder interval of 72 hours. The first reminders won't be sent Thursday at 2:00, because it hasn't yet been 72 hours since the original notifications.

Example 2: You enter an event and select Require Acceptance on Monday at 1:30. On Friday at 4:30, you edit the event and add a reminder interval of 72 hours. The first reminders will be sent at the top of the next hour -- Friday at 5:00 -- because it has already been more than 72 hours since the original notifications.