Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

BandHelper with AirTurn Stomp 6

Started by Sonnyboy666, April 27, 2018, 04:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonnyboy666

Hello,
does anyone have an AirTurn Stomp 6 using as a remote control with BandHelper?
I have the problem that i couldn't get the sixth footswitch to work with BandHelper.
In the Stomp 6 Manual the command to send is a "b". But within BandHelper I can't find a "b" command. Just numbers.
Am I doing something wrong, or haven't found a setting yet?

Forgot to mention: I am using an Android 6 Tablet with the AirTurn.

arlo

What happens if you map the sixth button to the "6" message? That works on iOS, but I'm not sure about Android.

Sonnyboy666

That don't work at all.
If I test the buttons on the "Bluetooth/USB Keyboard Status" section, the sixth button isn't recognized at all.
But this really might be an Android problem.
I didn't find anything about this problem on the AirTurn Homepage, so I thought it might be a problem of wrong settings or something.

arlo

So buttons 1-5 register in the Activity Log, but not button 6? That's strange. I'd expect it to trigger something even on Android.

Sonnyboy666

Yes, thats strange, indeed. The sixth button is not defect. It is working to change the mode of the pedal.
But it's not recognised in the activity log.

arlo

Okay, I see -- that's getting filtered out of my activity log because my app doesn't support that key directly for remote control. You can go to a text editing field and press button 6 and I bet the "b" would appear there.

On iOS, the AirTurn framework changes "b" to "6" so I just have to support "6". I'll look into supporting the "b" directly on Android for the next app version.

Sonnyboy666

Yes you're right. If I press the sixth button in a text field it writes a b.
This would be great if you can change this in the next version.  Thank you very much for your help.

arlo

Sonnyboy666

Sorry for the delay.
Tested it today and it works great now!
Thank you very much for the fast help and update!
Greetings,
Ingo