Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Tempo flashing problem for songs without documents

Started by megahertz, May 01, 2018, 05:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megahertz

I have a large document window. It is sized almost full screen, which provides a good sliver of flashing background for the song tempo.

But not all my songs have documents. When there is no document, the entire screen flashes, which is distracting for me and potentially the audience.

Is there a way around this other than creating a separate document for every song? I was looking for a way to have a "default document" for use with these songs, but looks like a document cannot be associated with more than one song.

I have > 100 songs in this category.

Thx.

.   M

arlo

Can you turn of the background flash and add the tempo button to your layout and use its flashing instead? You can resize that as large or small as you want it.

megahertz

That works although the tempo button graphic does look pretty odd sized to a sliver wide and full screen height.

Thanks, Arlo.

arlo

Yes, that would be odd ... and in the next version, you won't be able to resize buttons outside of their normal aspect ratio. I was thinking you would make it uniformly larger. You can place it on top the document viewer if that helps -- perhaps in the lower right corner.

mikejarjoura

Could you just create a blank document for the songs that don't have any documents? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arlo

The new app version released today includes Settings > Appearance > Lyrics Solid Background, which will give the document viewer a solid color background even when it's showing the placeholder text instead of an actual document. This should make the background flash work consistently between songs with and without documents.