Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Free form timing

Started by Kiff, June 24, 2018, 03:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiff

Hi,
How do I set this up for just specific songs in my list?
Just a while back Arlo showed me how to automate "instant turn off of any playing audio, and instant start of the new selection." (works a treat, automation is the only button I now use)
This could be very useful for cola voce introductions where the timing is free form.
For example an intro of four chords could be broken into four separate songs.
Pressing only the automation button the chord is played, and at the same time the song selection automatically advances to the next song on the list, and awaits the pressing of the automation button once again.
This means the entire song intro of four chords could be played with one touch for each chord, not dissimilar to the way a pianist would approach an introduction with a vocalist. No specific timing involved.
Everything hinges on the next song being automatically selected when the current song is started.
Any thoughts ?

Cheers
Kiff

arlo

What if you add five recordings to your song -- one recording for each of the four intro chords, plus one recording for the rest of the song? Then you could add the Recording Controls to your layout, and use the Play and Next buttons in the recording controls to play the recordings at the desired timing? Alternatively, you could use a remote control device mapped to the Play Next Recording action.

Kiff

Thanks Arlo,
Will give that a shot.
Cheers
Kiff