Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Adding Recordings from Apple Music to BandHelper Songs

Started by bherman, August 21, 2022, 02:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bherman

I have a subscription to Apple Music and would like to import a few songs into my recordings database to include in Songs. Anyone have any success doing this? Can't figure it out on my own.

arlo

The licensing for streaming services don't allow importing recordings into other apps or in most cases even playing recordings in other apps. If you own a recording, you can import it into BandHelper, but not if you're accessing it through Apple Music.

bherman

Thx Arlo, I was afraid that would be the answer. Apple rules the world I guess  ::)

arlo

In some ways, yes, but as far as I know all streaming services work this way.

omygind

Does these restriction also include importing the text/lyric?
Otherwise I need instructions on how to succeed :-) ;)

arlo

Are you asking if there is a place you can legally import lyrics from? Not that I'm aware of, but you can simply copy and paste from most lyrics websites, then clean up the results as needed.

NeilS

On a related note - would there be a way to launch a song in Apple Music on the iPad from the Bandhelper app?

Could one copy the url for a specific song and paste that into the details of a song in a setlist and use that to get Apple Music to play it?

arlo

You can put links to websites or other apps into the Notes field or a custom field and they'll be clickable when you view those fields in a layout. That will take you out of BandHelper to the web browser or other app. BandHelper cannot control the playback of music in another app.

omygind

Quote from: arlo on August 26, 2024, 11:39:46 AMAre you asking if there is a place you can legally import lyrics from? Not that I'm aware of, but you can simply copy and paste from most lyrics websites, then clean up the results as needed.

Think I misunderstood what iporting setlist from Apple Music was doing - I thought that it would import the lyrics provided by Apple Music ?!  ::)