Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Help with setting up Pageflip Dragonfly please

Started by The Saint, May 16, 2018, 05:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Saint

Hi

I've bought nice new bluetooth pedal to use with BH.

The Dragonfly has four pedals available so I've got the the two large ones to turn the pages (back and forth) of my PDF's, but I'm looking for ideas for the other two.

Anyone using a Dragonfly?

Or if you have just two pedals on the one you're using, do you have some suggestions what functions you'd use with an extra two?

All ideas welcome..

Cheers

Graham

The Saint

Well, having played around with this pedal this afternoon I now find that it's lost the settings I had and it now won't respond, whatever I do...!!

I've downloaded the software to set up the pedals and can't seem to get it to do anything useful.

One problem is that my tablet recognises the Dragonfly as a keyboard and once I've got bluetooth connected, I can't use the keyboard on the tablet. I'm using an Android tablet but I don't think it's BH that's causing this glitch.

Any suggestions to get me out of this mess please..!

arlo

I'm not sure what you mean by "lost its settings." Besides the physical buttons on the Pageflip device, you have settings inside BandHelper, on the Settings > Remote Control page. More info on setting that up is here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/remote_control.html

Most Bluetooth pedals connect as a keyboard and suppress the on-screen keyboard, but most have a function on the pedal unit to briefly break the connection so the on-screen keyboard reappears. On the Firefly, you can do that by pressing the currently selected mode button. I'm guessing the Dragonfly works the same way. Or you can check the user manual for that. In the worst-case scenario, you can briefly turn off and on the device.

The Saint

Hi Arlo and thanks for the usual quick reply.

I hadn't used the Dragonfly for a while and when I fired it up today it just wouldn't play with BH and refused to change pages as before.

I've now erased the settings I had, but I've had no luck in getting it back to how it was. I've used the buttons on the Dragonfly and also used the remote control feature. It's probably just me not understanding the procedure.

I'll have a chat with a friend who might be able to talk me through it.

The Dragonfly uses the same system for disabling the keyboard but again, it just won't work for me.

Fuzzy head time...!!

Graham

arlo

All right. If you need more help from me, please submit a help ticket so I can see your settings:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia