Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

attaching midi file to audio recording. What am I missing?

Started by WashedUp, February 28, 2019, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WashedUp

Hi, I'm new here. Perhaps I don't know the language or jargon well enough to know how to search for what must me clear to most.

I've created a simple midi file, which really just contains a few scene changes for the Axe Fx III.  I've attached both the audio file and the mid file and they exist in bandhelper on the Ipad.

When I get to step 4, I only see the option to make a new MIDI file? What am I missing?

3. From the Recordings list, select the recording to view its edit page.

4. Click Standard MIDI File and select the MIDI file. This links the MIDI file to the recording.

arlo

If you're referring to the popup window that says "New MIDI File," that means you are newly adding the file to BandHelper, not newly creating it. (BandHelper can't create MIDI files.) You should click File in this window to select the MIDI file (that will set the name for you) and change the other options as needed and click Save. Then BandHelper will know about the file and start using it.

WashedUp

Ok, at first when I clicked file I saw several files that said trash/filename, making me think I was in the wrong place.

I then tried clicking the document looking icon with the plus sign, just to the right of the search button. At which point I could browse to the bandhelper folder.

Can't really read the full name of the files in this view, meaning I can't see if it's mp3 or mid, or something else. but I did find one and seleceted it. was offered a dialog window to replace the file, rename or cancel. After choosing replace it did work.

I did find on the ipad where could delete the recently deleted files. It was just confusing to me at first and I thought I was in the wrong place.

Getting closer to understanding. Will ask more questions soon I'm sure.

arlo

To support offline use, the mobile apps use a local data folder to store their files. That means adding files from the mobile app requires 1) copying the file to that local data folder, and then 2) attaching it to something in BandHelper so the app knows what you want to do with it.

The Choose File window should show .mid files if you've already copied them into the data folder. The "document plus" button (import button) is for when your .mid files are not yet there and you want to select them from cloud storage or another app. In other words, that allows you to get step 1 done before continuing with step 2.

If this is confusing, I'd suggest adding these files in the website from your computer. That's simpler because there is no local data folder, so you skip step 1 and simply select the file from wherever it is located.

WashedUp

Ok, I'll keep messing with it. But I did add everything in the website, yet all I could find from clicking the file button was the trash/files and the browse button.

(though I do see the mid. file in the recording list.)

On another note. What's the most efficient way to update an attached mid file? Uploading to the website adds a new file, not overwriting the old.

WashedUp

Now, I've finally realized there is a recording tab on the website. I think I'm good now!

I think lol....