Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MIDI volume and tempo sliders controls on a layout?

Started by sibster, May 16, 2018, 04:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sibster

Not sure if I've asked this before or if anyone else has but it would be really great to have the controls available on a layout so volume and tempo could be sent dynamically and changed on other devices. Ideally the buttons should be programmable in terms of MIDI messages sent. Would this be possible in a future bandhelper release perhaps?

arlo

Can you describe in more detail what you want to do?

sibster

In my specific case i'd like to use it to control a Beatbuddy during a song. Mainly tempo so I can do a controlled ritardando

Something similar to what the simple Yamaha Fader app achieves would be great. This has fader controls to which you can assign a CC number and value range. So for the Beatbuddy that requires a tempo MSB and LSB message so I setup up two slider controls one with CC#106 value range 0-2 and the other with CC#107 value range 0-127.  If the same could somehow be achieved on one slider though that would be even better :)

Thanks

arlo

Okay, that's on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest finding a MIDI control surface app -- there are apps whose sole purpose is to set up custom sliders and controls like you're describing -- and running that in split-screen mode on your tablet.

Nordi

Maybe this? Midi Controller Free von Michael Chourdakis (german Appstore)

donmr