Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MSB/LSB not beeing sent?

Started by Hervshahn, May 18, 2018, 01:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hervshahn

Hello,

I'm using Bandhelper on my iPad with an iConnectivity iConnectMIDI2+ L interface, which is connected to a Yamaha Motif XF and a Roland RD-800 (goes from DIN1 to the Yamaha and from there via MIDi Through to the Roland)

I have created a song list with a number of songs and for each song a corresponding MIDI Preset, which contains the MSB, LSB and PC codes for both instruments. The songlist layout is set up to send the MIDI commands when the song is selected.

The PC code is received by both instruments correctly, but they don't get the MSB/LSB Codes to switch between different voice banks (Motif) or to Live Sets (Roland).

Does anyone know how I can make the MSB and LSB codes work the same way like the PC, or what may cause the problem?

Thanks and best regards, George

arlo

I don't know the details of how those keyboards work, but a nonstandard term "live sets" suggests that at least that keyboard might be using something other than a bank change message. You can check the user manuals to confirm what messages they need to receive.

Also, you mentioned "a song list with a number of songs and for each song." If you want to send different presets at different times during a song, you should attach all the presets to the same song, rather than creating additional copies of the song with one preset each.

Hervshahn

Hi Arlo,

thanks a lot for the fast reply.

I just want to have the connected keyboards set to the specific sounds necessary for each song, by sending the MSB, LSB and PC values to these keyboards only once when the sound is selected from the setlist, so there is just one preset per song which is sent when the song is chosen from the setlist.

Taking the MOTIF XF as an example: The sounds in the MOTIF XF are organized in a number of sound banks, which are chosen by MSB and LSB values, and the sound itself is selected by the PC value. The PC value seems to be sent since the MOTIF XF changes the sound within the current sound bank, but it does not change the sound bank itself based on different MSB and LSB values. It's like BandHelper is just sending the PC value, not the MSB and LSB values or as if the MSB and LSB values are filtered out  :-[

Would be great if you or anyone else can help to fix this.

arlo

After sending your preset, can you click the MIDI icon in the top toolbar and look at the activity log to verify if the bank MSB and LSB messages are being sent?

Hervshahn

Yes will try - where do I find the activity log in Bandhelper? Haven't seen it up to now

arlo

Click the MIDI icon in the top toolbar.

Hervshahn

Thanks a lot - all MSB, LSB and PC messages are sent correctly from BandHelper, must be an issue with the iConnectMIDI2+ interface I think. Will have to dig deeper into it ... :-\