Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bank not changing with correct MSB LSB number in Bandhelper.

Started by YAM, May 28, 2018, 10:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YAM

Hi Guys,

First thanks for making this app! It's really nice to have during the time building my new gig rig.

I'm new to posting on forums and hope this is the correct way for asking any help with situations.

I having having some problems with the midi program changes in the app. I have seen some similar problems on the Forums but no solution. When inputed the MSB/LSB en program number the patch on the keyboard changes to the corresponding sound (number) but not the correct bank. In this case my Yamaha S90ES. I know the I have to check the product manual and see if Bandhelper sends to the keyboard.

Yamaha writes in there manual MSB 63/ LSB 0 - 3 and 8 - 9 for bank changes/ 0 - 127 for program changes. To be sure I tried the S90 ES direct USB on Mac Pro connected to Cubase 9.5. I manually wrote in midi list editor some changes using Yamaha manual which worked fine i.e. 63 01 127. The bank and program where correct. I hooked up the S90ES on to my iPad, put in the same numbers but did not get the bank change although the sound number was correct. I was unsuccessful. I checked the bandhelper log was sending to the Yamaha and could see: B0 00 3E 20 C0 0E was sent to my port. Also sound did change so cable is correct. I seems to mee that bank changes don't transmit as supposed since Cubase works correct with the same value's. I would appreciate your advice what to do in this matter.

YAM

arlo

"I checked the bandhelper log was sending to the Yamaha and could see: B0 00 3E 20 C0 0E was sent to my port"

Is that right, or did you leave out two bits? You should have 3 bits for the MSB and LSB and 2 for the program change, so 8 bits total.