Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Do you use multiple layouts?

Started by arlo, June 05, 2018, 01:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To what extent do you use the multiple, custom layout capability?

I only use the predefined layouts.
I have customized the layouts, but I use the same one all the time.
I have customized the layouts and I use different layouts in different situations.

arlo

BandHelper and Set List Maker offer multiple, predefined layouts, and let you customize those or add more of your own. But I'm wondering how many people actually use different layouts in different situations, versus setting up one layout and using that all the time.

fredrik_b

Hi Arlo!
I'm using just 1, my own "standard" layout which is goding through endless changes...
;-) F

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

mikejarjoura

Hi Arlo,

I'm just using one layout. In fact, I was thinking of deleting the others to clean up clutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerryK

Mostly split or practice (is that yours or mine?) or occasionally Big set list

Wilhelm

Hi Arlo,
I use a layout for rehearsals, where I use editing functions and mp3 player and a split layout for gigs.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

dr_rollo

I use multiple Layouts and like this option. I think I'm quite familiar with creating and editing layouts appreciate the option (came with one of the latest updates) to start the layout editing direct from the actual view (Setlist, intelligent list).
Unfortunately I have to edit the layouts on each device individually, and I sometimes change my devices or do a re-setup.
Why can't layouts not be synchronized or stored in my account?

arlo

Quote from: dr_rollo on November 23, 2018, 03:21:56 AM
Unfortunately I have to edit the layouts on each device individually, and I sometimes change my devices or do a re-setup.
Why can't layouts not be synchronized or stored in my account?

They are if you use BandHelper. Set List Maker can't do that because it doesn't have a concept of users. But you can export individual layouts for backup or for import onto other devices.

JerryK

Split view for gigs
More controls for practice/rehearsal.
So the new shortcuts, while very welcome, don't quite hit the mark, perhaps needing a switch (next or swap layout)on the main view.

arlo

You can click the layout button in the bottom toolbar and select another layout to switch without leaving the set list view.

Kazbah

Mostly using Split View

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WashedUp

I'm pretty new, and don't really know yet what I'll use. I do know I will need one for both portrait view and landscape. Portrait for if I put my ipad on a mic stand, landscape for tabletop.
I always use big lyrics, full screen when tapping in highlight automation as it gives me a better chance to hit my target.

So far, my two cents

JerryK

Quote from: arlo on November 24, 2018, 08:30:34 PM
You can click the layout button in the bottom toolbar and select another layout to switch without leaving the set list view.

Sorry, I failed to reply to this.  Good call - I had never absorbed this possibility.  I now use it frequently.

arlo