Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Remote control AirTurn BT500S-2 on Android - bluetooth permissions

Started by csross017, February 17, 2023, 10:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csross017

I'm trying to set up an AirTurn BT500S-2 to do simple page scrolling. I'm using an Android tablet running Android 11.
I have set up the AirTurn in Mode 2 which will send up/down arrow characters for switches 1 and 2 respectively and I have setup Bandhelper Remote Control "Scroll Document Down" to "Down Arrow" and "Scroll Document Up" to "Up Arrow".
When I go into a set list and select a song, I can see the Bandhelper remote control icon blink when I press Switch 2 on the BT500, but nothing happens.
When I press the remote control icon I get the following message "This function is disabled unless you grant permission to connect to Bluetooth Devices"
When I go into Android settings and look at permissions for the Bandhelper App, I don't see any way to grant permission to connect to Bluetooth devices.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

arlo

Updating to the current app version should fix the permissions message. Then you can click the remote control button and look at the Activity Log to see what's happening when you press the foot switch buttons.

csross017

Thanks Arlo.
I have updated the app and can now access the log file.
I am looking at a song in full screen mode. I press the pedal button and nothing happens.
The following messages appear in the log:
- received keyboard input 20 (Down)
- triggered action Scroll Document Down

arlo

Are your lyrics more than one page long when viewed full screen?

csross017

Yes. I even inserted an additional 30 line breaks to make sure and it still does not scroll.

arlo

Okay, please submit a help ticket so you can send troubleshooting info from your device:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia