Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Two Recordings + Midi File

Started by soundog, February 20, 2020, 09:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundog

I'm working on a setup using two stereo recordings (sent out as 4 mono) and a Standard Midi File (containing control messages and PC changes).

Are there any rights, wrongs or tips to get this to work correctly? Any order to add the recordings? Attach the Midi File to one of the recordings, or to a song? Etc.

Also .... is there any way to set up a MIDI controller to adjust the volumes of the the 4 audio tracks while performing?

Thx.....

arlo

Any order to add the recordings?

It doesn't matter too much, but if there is one recording you might sometimes want to hear without the other, I would put that one first. Also, if the two recordings are of two different types (like one for audio and one for click), I would put those in the same order for every song.

Attach the Midi File to one of the recordings, or to a song?

You would need to attach it to one of the recordings to make it play in sync with the recording.

Also .... is there any way to set up a MIDI controller to adjust the volumes of the the 4 audio tracks while performing?

Not in BandHelper, but you could use Inter-App Audio to send the audio to a mixer app if you have one that offers MIDI control.

soundog

Thank you. Off to do some experimenting!