Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Animate page moves

Started by hopehighway, June 28, 2018, 03:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopehighway

No idea what may be involved in fulfilling this request, but...
Is it possible to create the option for "sliding" up between markers, in addition to the current "jump"?

I currently work in a couple of acts using multiple iPads and a pedal (generally next-marker-or-song).
I find that unless players/singers are fully focused on the screen, they sometimes miss when it has jumped to the next marker and get lost more easily.  Having a short (sub 1 second) motion/animation to the move seems like it would help folks notice that it has moved.

Thanks

arlo

How are you jumping to the markers? And are you using iOS or Android?

hopehighway

holy timelapse - i forgot about this one - and have more-or-less adapted to using the auto-scroll, and been tweaking layouts, run times, etc to make this work.
the whole 'remember to hit start' thing is still my nemesis.

using iPad  - with markers for song parts - verse, chorus etc..  I started out using as few markers as I could as page breaks, but found that having one for each part made for more tap-dancing, but was easier to keep track of what was going on. 

What I had initially found was (particularly on songs where a verse and chorus fit neatly on a 'page') that I - as the person operating the pedal remote - could easily know where I was.  But others following (tracking the movements of my iPad) could look up, miss the page jump, and think they were in the wrong page/place.

thanks-

arlo

I don't remember how this worked two years ago, but currently the lyrics scroll does animate when moving between markers.

Also, if you turn on the 2-column presentation option, the app will show one marker's worth of text in each column, with everything else hidden; that might make it easier to orient yourself to where you are in the song.