Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

ODT support

Started by jeebustrain, July 09, 2018, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeebustrain

Hi - I'm a long-time user of Setlist Maker. I really enjoy using it and have gotten most of my band(s) to use it as well.

I'm not sure of the proper place to ask this, but are there any plans to offer ODT (Open Document Text) support in addition to Microsoft Word files? These are the standard format for LibreOffice and OpenOffice word processors. Adding this format would simplify my workflow a bit as it would allow me to directly import my song notes without having to do any conversions (either to pdf or doc).

thanks!

arlo

Sorry, neither iOS nor Android provides a way to display that document format without procuring additional third-party software. I'd recommend either saving your files as PDF, which is the most reliable for cross-platform use, or depending on the contents of your files, copying and pasting the text directly into the Lyrics field of the app:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/compare_lyrics_documents.html

jeebustrain

ok - thanks for the reply, Arlo. I was aware of those methods (I'm currently using PDFs), but I wanted to see if there was a more streamlined way of getting the content in there