Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recordings editing

Started by go2ldook, July 31, 2018, 03:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

go2ldook

I have batched loaded recordings as I transitioned from Setlist Maker, but now I am replacing recordings in Bandhelper that I might have edited. I sometimes have more than one song associated with a recording (Say I have a version of "Message in a Bottle" that has electric guitar MIDI presets, and I made another song, Message in a Bottle Acoustic to select different MIDI presets for acoustic playback. In Setlist Maker, I could just associated the one recording with the 2 songs. In Bandhelper I have to actually upload the recording twice, creating unnecessary duplicates.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how it works? Note I am editing all this on the PC, so what I see when I select "Add a Recording" is a box that lets me upload a file, not one with a list of already uploaded recordings to choose from

arlo

That's just how it works. It used to let you assign the same recording to multiple songs, but that made the upload/attach process more complicated and it confused a lot of people, so this is the trade-off.