Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Adding local recordings

Started by Pongo, November 16, 2018, 10:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pongo

Arlo,

What about an mp3 file that has been sent to me via email?

When I tap on the attached mp3, I select `Copy to Set List Maker'. A dialog box appears indicating that the file has been copied to my Documents folder and that I can now edit a song and attach it to that song. The problem is that an mp3 file is not a document, so why does SLM copy it to the Documents folder? When I navigate to the Recordings section, I see the mp3 file, but it is grayed out. Clicking on the file opens a window that allows me to edit volume, pitch, etc., and shows as Not attached to any songs.

So, where do I find this mp3 file?

iPhone 6, ios 11.2.1
SLM 5.3.10

Thanks,
Steve

arlo

iOS apps only have one folder for local data, which is called Documents. This is not related to Set List Maker's concept of Documents and Recordings. The recordings will appear in a faded style until you attach them to a song, by editing the song and click Add Recordings and selecting it.

Pongo

Thanks, Arlo; I should have elaborated further.

After using SLM for a few years, I'm aware that if a document or recording is faded, that it is because it has not been associated with a song. In this situation, I cannot seem to find the actual recording to then attach it to a song.

When I navigate to the songs section, I tap on the add recording button, which brings up a list of all available recordings to choose from. The new audio that I am seeking does not appear anywhere in that list.

arlo

The Add Recordings window shows recordings in iTunes by default. You have to click the Local button at the top to show recordings saved in the local app directory. Are you doing that?

Pongo

Yes, I now see that. I also see that this feature requires the purchase of the Advanced Audio upgrade as well.

Thanks for your help, Arlo.