Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Flic

Started by Ruckman65, August 15, 2018, 10:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckman65

I just bought a Flic to see how it would work with BH. Some Remote Control functions work, such as 'Next Song' but others, such as ''Scroll Song List Up' have no effect. Perhaps I am doing something wrong so any assistance from other Flic users would be greatly appreciated.   

Chris

Dear Ruckman65,

could you post a screenshot or advise on the settings of the flic button entered in BandHelper as well as the button type you purchased?
And did you try restarting BandHelper after entering the settings? At first I had minor problems too when first pairing the button.

Regards, Chris

Ruckman65

Hello Chris. Thank you for your response. The Flic button is a standard one with the word 'Flic' written on it. In the Flic app, under Advanced, I added a Keyboard Control of 'Up Arrow' for a single click and 'Down Arrow' for a double click. I did restart BH on several occasions and often had problems with the pairing.

I also tried it without entering any instructions in the Flic app and many of the Remote Control instructions in BH still worked even though no instructions had been added to the Flic app.

Perhaps if you can let me know one or two of the settings you have entered and what it controls in BH, I can use that to test it out again.

arlo

You don't have to set up those custom arrow mappings in the Flic app. You can configure BandHelper to respond to the Flic messages directly. To use a Flic button, click Settings > Remote Control > Connect Flic Button, then select the desired button in the Flic app. Then select actions in Settings > Remote Control > Actions and assign them to one of the Flic button messages.

Ruckman65

Hello Arlo. That was the first thing I tried but it did not work for some of the Remote Control actions, such as 'Scroll Song List Up' or 'Scroll Song List Down'. I assume song list means set list and it should work with any set list displayed under the Set Lists menu.

arlo

If some of the supported actions have no effect, please submit a help ticket:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

Chris

Hey Ruckman65,
have you finally gotten your Flic-button to run as desired?
Maybe I can help further as the gigs I played lately where all smooth without any button-issues.

Ruckman65

Hello Chris. Still no luck with many of the Remote Control Actions. I am particularly keen to get Scroll Set List Up and Scroll Set List Down to work. Any clues or assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Can you post a screenshot of the settings you have defined in BH?

Ruckman65

Hey Chris. Screenshot attached.

Chris

Dear Ruckman65,

just tried it using my iPhone (had to pair the button newly as I only used it with my iPad before).
I connected the button to the flic-app, connected BH to the flic-app and chose the same settings as you -> all works fine.
Do you see the small "remote control"-icon in the upper bar? If so, click on it to check whether the button sends commands to Bandhelper at all...

Ruckman65

Hello Chris. I have attached a screenshot of the log of remote actions. The flics are being received but I am not sure what 'flic input is not used on this page' actually means. As I mentioned, some actions work but many don't.

Ruckman65

Sorry. Forgot the attachment.

arlo

"Flic input is not used on this page" means you're on some page of the app other than the set list view. All the remote control functions only work in the set list view (which includes set lists or smart lists).

Chris

Learned this the hard way too when I tried to find out why the blueturn was not working with the iPad of my wife the other day... :)

@Ruckman65: Did you just try it in this overview because you wanted to see the current settings?

@arlo: By the way, is it possible to connect more than one button to Bandhelper at the same time so one would have six triggers instead of only three? I am really thinking about replacing my blue turn with another flic button  :o