Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Struggling with editing lyric automation

Started by uzoo, August 25, 2018, 04:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uzoo

I am using automation (instead of auto-scrolling) for lyric scrolling. It's seems more accurate.

However, I am struggling with editing lyric automation.

Each automation edit says "Scroll Lyrics to Line (nn)" where nn is a line number.

To fine-tune the automation, I have to bounce between automation event editing and the lyrics, count the lines to determine the line numbers, then go back to automation editing to updates the correct lines.

I use the the BandHelper.com lyric editor in the web browser. However, it keeps wrapping each line in <p> tags, ultimately making it more difficult to count line numbers.

I have tried to replace the <p> tags with <br> tags, but they just get overwritten with <p> tags, even when I check "Convert Paragraphs to Lines When Pasting."

Is there an easier way to determine line numbers when editing lyric automation?

It would be amazing if, after creating the automation on the device, we could edit/change the line numbers and timing on the website then sync the changes.

Thanks!

arlo

Each automation edit says "Scroll Lyrics to Line (nn)" where nn is a line number.
To fine-tune the automation, I have to bounce between automation event editing and the lyrics, count the lines to determine the line numbers, then go back to automation editing to updates the correct lines.

I have a wish list item for this and I'll add a vote for you.

I use the the BandHelper.com lyric editor in the web browser. However, it keeps wrapping each line in <p> tags, ultimately making it more difficult to count line numbers.
I have tried to replace the <p> tags with <br> tags, but they just get overwritten with <p> tags, even when I check "Convert Paragraphs to Lines When Pasting."

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. The "convert paragraphs" setting has to do with pasting text from other websites.

It would be amazing if, after creating the automation on the device, we could edit/change the line numbers and timing on the website then sync the changes.

Editing the timing of automation tracks from the website is also on my wish list.