Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Wish List for 'Notifications' and Web 'Set List'

Started by Zionplayer, August 26, 2018, 05:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zionplayer

Arlo: As always, great app. I am using it with both of my band projects and not too long ago purchased the 6-50 user option to extend our ability to coordinate across fill in players, etc... Great tool. And a couple of thought/wish item for you to maybe consider:

- "Notification" - would love it if Notifications for set list changes could be a global setup option (on/off) instead of a Set List check box where you then hit Save to activate.  Thought would be if setup is ON, then when saving set list changes, pop up box could list "Reason for Update" box, and list project users with a check box notifications for each user as a yes/no on sending an update notice.  Could include a 'Skip Notification' button also, for really minor changes...

Sometimes its an update that affects the drummer, not the singer, and he is confused on what changed (the BPM, silly singer...) - sometimes results in a couple of explanation phone calls...  No, we didn't change the words, no we didn't change the chords, ...

- "Web Set List" - a 'practice' toggle that if on and you start playing MP3's, it would auto start the next MP3 in the setlist order when finished... might just be me, but I use BandHelper when practicing in this fashion, and sometimes have to go to the computer, use the mouse to scroll the screen to the next song in the set, click the MP3 button.  Really minor item I know, but I figured while I was asking...

Anyway, thanks for willingness to listen and consider.

arlo

As always, great app. I am using it with both of my band projects and not too long ago purchased the 6-50 user option to extend our ability to coordinate across fill in players, etc... Great tool

Thanks!

Sometimes its an update that affects the drummer, not the singer, and he is confused on what changed (the BPM, silly singer...) - sometimes results in a couple of explanation phone calls...  No, we didn't change the words, no we didn't change the chords, ...

Can you use the comment field to say something like, "Updated BPMs for [drummer's name]"?

- "Web Set List" - a 'practice' toggle that if on and you start playing MP3's, it would auto start the next MP3 in the setlist order when finished.

I'll put this on my wish list for the website. Meanwhile, you can already do it from the mobile apps.

Zionplayer

Yep - and do use the comment field for that now, works well. Always looking to see if there are other ways that might streamline even more... thanks for considering.

Did not notice that 'practice' type operation on the app - will check it out.  In my practice room my iPhone/iPad isn't connected to my computer speakers but could easily solve that of course.