Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Audio File Types

Started by wodehouse, September 08, 2018, 07:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wodehouse

I bought BandHelper a couple of months ago after using Set List Maker.

I tried BandHelper but could not get it to recognise or find the WAV files on my iPad.

It kept asking me to upload the WAV files. Where to? Why? They're on my iPad.

These are the same WAV files that Set List Maker attaches to the songs in that App without issue.

I've pretty much abandoned using BandHelper owing to this. Has anyone else got this function working?

I'd would have liked to have been able to use BandHelper (like setlistmaker) to access the same 48khz/16 bit WAV files from my iPad.

Is this something that could be introduced before I abandon BandHelper entirely and stick with setlistmaker?

Thanks

arlo

Unlike Set List Maker, you have to add recordings to your BandHelper account. This allows BandHelper to sync the recordings across all your devices. You can add the recordings individually or in batches, via the website or the apps; each option is described here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_recordings.html

If you're using WAV (uncompressed) files, the files might be too large to sync easily and might exceed the 50MB per file limit. In that case, you can still add the files, but select the Copy to Devices Manually option when adding them. Then BandHelper will sync the metadata for the files, but not the files themselves. So you would need to copy the files yourself if you want them available on additional devices.

So probably the most direct approach in your case is to copy the files into Android/data/com.arlomedia.bandhelper/files, then add them to your songs in BandHelper, selecting Copy to Devices Manually if the files are uncompressed.

wodehouse

I'll give this a try.
Yes, one issue was it kept saying the files were larger than 50mb.

At 48khz/16bit the songs do tend to come out around 100mb.

wodehouse

Quote from: wodehouse on September 11, 2018, 06:52:45 AM
I'll give this a try.
Yes, one issue was it kept saying the files were larger than 50mb.

At 48khz/16bit the songs do tend to come out around 100mb.

In your reply, you said I should search for the path:

Android/data/com.arlomedia.bandhelper/files

I'm using an iPad.  Is there a different path name?

Thanks

arlo

Sorry, I don't know why I was thinking about Android. iOS doesn't give you access to the file system in the same way, but there's still a Documents folder for each app that you can place the files into. The iOS section on this page describes several options for doing that:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_recordings.html