Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Author Topic: Save text size per layout and/or device  (Read 733 times)

chadcb

Save text size per layout and/or device
« on: September 22, 2018, 08:09:43 AM »
Hello,

I couldn't find the answer to this by searching. I have an iPhone and an iPad, each using a different custom layout. When I resize the text to work well on the iPhone (pinch/zoom), it also changes it on the iPad. And when I fix it on the iPad, the iPhoned is changed again. Is there a way to preset these specific settings from syncing? I tried setting text size and chord size to local sync only. No luck. Is this possible?

Thanks!

arlo

• Administrator
Re: Save text size per layout and/or device
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 08:42:51 AM »
No, the text size is supposed to scale to different screen sizes (technically, document viewer sizes) so that lines will wrap consistently on each device. If you have a phone and a tablet, it would be better to think of each playing a different role -- the phone for quick updates on the go and maybe for personal practice, and the tablet for viewing from a distance during rehearsal or performance -- rather than trying to use them interchangeably for the same situations.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:44:39 AM by arlo »

chadcb

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »
Thanks. Not sure if if it’s my devices. I have an old iPad stuck on legacy iOS. And new iPhone. If it scaled  accordingly then that would solve my problem. It doesn’t appear to be doing that. I can post screen shots later if that helps. Thanks again.

arlo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:42:04 AM »
Sure, you can post screen shots to make sure it's working as intended.

chadcb

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 10:04:04 AM »
I decided to get a new iPad. As soon as I have things setup, I'll revisit this and report back. Thanks again.

JerryK

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
Option to save text size percentage per layout & device?  Maybe that would work.
I would prefer smaller than 'standard' on my iPad, for example