Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

[solved?] editing/removing bottom toolbar info in Layout

Started by chris@katsukurimedia, September 29, 2018, 05:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris@katsukurimedia

hi. tried searching for this topic but found nothing.

as we know, the bottom toolbar has placeholders for options to show current time, artist name, title +1, etc. when creating a new layout, these areas in the bottom toolbar are shown with a -- -- or similar.

to add something there, we click the -- and options pop up to choose from. no issue here.

now i have options set down there, but i want to remove them. for the life of me, i cannot click on those areas to get the same option menu to either change or remove the bottom toolbar options. it keeps bringing up the main options of song fields, buttons and other for the main Layout area.

FWIW i'm on a new iPhone XS Max, but i'm pretty sure i had this problem with all other iPhone versions (8 plus, 6S, etc.). i think the only way i solved it was to use an iPad to open up the iPhones layout and for some reason i could finally click the bottom toolbar fields.

is this a known issue? do we think it's limited to this new phone size? do i not know how to click? :D

arlo

I don't know what's wrong. I just tried this on an iPhone X and had no problems clicking an empty or a populated field. I'd expect the XS to be the same. Let's see if anyone else has this problem. Meanwhile, your iPad workaround shouldn't cause any problems, as long as you ignore the 3rd and 4th fields, which won't display on a phone.

chris@katsukurimedia

Quote from: arlo on September 30, 2018, 08:08:38 AM
I don't know what's wrong. I just tried this on an iPhone X and had no problems clicking an empty or a populated field. I'd expect the XS to be the same. Let's see if anyone else has this problem. Meanwhile, your iPad workaround shouldn't cause any problems, as long as you ignore the 3rd and 4th fields, which won't display on a phone.
i think i figured it out.

if any of the elements that belong above cross that divider for the bottom toolbar, you cannot click anywhere in the bottom toolbar to bring up options. at the time i had 3 elements that were slightly crossing that divide.

once i moved all 3 - not 2, not just 1, but all - i could very easily click to get the bottom toolbar options. yay!

arlo

Okay, I just checked into that and you're right, that's what's happening, but it's intentional. If the toolbar fields weren't disabled when a layout item overlaps them, then it would be difficult to select the layout item again to move it out of the way because the list of toolbar fields would keep popping up when you tap it. Ideally only the area of the field that is overlapped would be disabled, but there's not an easy way to do that.

In the next app version, any overlapped fields will become faded as a hint that you've moved something on top of it and you should move it back to keep it open.