Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Automation Feature Reques

Started by Neill00, November 11, 2018, 11:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill00

I use the automation as opposed to scroll to move the lyrics on the page.  It works perfectly however there is no control once the automation starts.  Most of the time, there is no issue but sometimes when other band members are holding things up it's hard to get the song started at the ideal time.

It would be great if there was a "nudge" feature (that could be assigned the to the blueboard foot controller) that would allow the user to nudge the timing of the automation forward or back, perhaps in increments of 1 second, so that if you didn't get off to the perfect start you can bring the automation back in line.

With the scroll you can stop momentarily and restart, which is great if you are a bit ahead of the scroll. But there is nothing like that for the automation.

Since the automation works in relation the the clock, if there was a way to nudge that clock ahead or back by a second at a time, it would add a ton of control for dynamic live situations.

arlo

Would it help to reselect the song and then then start the automation track again?

Neill00

That's what I currently do, and it works as long as I'm not too late in my re-start.  But the issue is when I'm late, or when I try to step on the footswitch to re-start and maybe miss it, which leaves me either dealing with the automation being ahead of the band or I try to hit it again after we are far enough into the song that the automation will be behind.    A nudge feature would allow me either way to bring it back into line for the remainder of the song.  At 1 second intervals I could probably estimate how many steps I would need to bring it back into line.  For the most part, I have the automation set up to allow for a reasonable margin of error, and for the most part it can handle tempo issues.  However, that extra touch of control could help alot when things get out of whack, and you're already too far into the song to do much about it.

arlo

Okay, that answered my next questions. :-) I'll put this on my wish list.

Neill00