Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Linking Documents to Recordings automatically

Started by wakevortex, December 30, 2016, 02:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakevortex

Hi Arlo
just updating my song list with songs coming from "showplay" on the PC
This program links lyrics (documents)  to recordings IF they have exactly the same name and the document is an rtf...v useful...
would be nice if Bandhelper had a similar feature...? would save a ton of time adding documents manually via the web interface.

I did come across an issue...I zipped all the new songs along with the RTF files to bulk import on web interface (assuming they would get linked mistakenly- i hadn't done this for while so was a bit rusty on band helper ) , and band helper thought some of  the RTF files were RECORDINGS, and assigned them as such...therefore there was no audio. so under recording it listed the RTF file.....

Can the program possibly be told to NOT import a recording with a file suffix that cant actually be played....
I had to delete all the new recordings and assign the actual wav or mp3 files again....

hope that makes some sense  :-) :- )
thanks in advance

B Padley

arlo

This program links lyrics (documents)  to recordings IF they have exactly the same name and the document is an rtf...v useful...
would be nice if Bandhelper had a similar feature...? would save a ton of time adding documents manually via the web interface.

It does; see the "Adding a Batch of Documents..." section on this page:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_documents.html

I did come across an issue...I zipped all the new songs along with the RTF files to bulk import on web interface (assuming they would get linked mistakenly- i hadn't done this for while so was a bit rusty on band helper ) , and band helper thought some of  the RTF files were RECORDINGS, and assigned them as such...therefore there was no audio. so under recording it listed the RTF file.....

I'll add that to my to do list. Meanwhile, you should only upload recordings on the Recordings page and only upload documents on the Documents page.

wakevortex

Thanks Arlo...my mistake was having the documents and recordings in the same zip... :-)
I have now spent most of new years eve putting all words  in the lyric field of each song , so this will no longer be an issue anyway LOL :-)

:-)

arlo

FYI, BandHelper will now ignore recordings batch-uploaded to the documents page and documents batch-uploaded to the recordings page. So if you have a zip file that contains both types of files, that shouldn't cause any problems.

wakevortex