Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MIDI program change by selecting next song, but still run current automation.

Started by mibmusic, November 29, 2018, 01:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mibmusic

Hi,

At this moment I use SLM to select a song and send a MIDI Program Change to a Roland SPD-SX. This works like a charm and has never failed me, yet! What is also great is that you can start a backing track on the SPD-SX (by hitting a pad) and during the playback, you can allready select the next song from SLM and the SPD-SX will change to the next song but will still play (and finish) the current one.

Since we are taking things to the next level we want to create something like this:

1 - Select a song from SLM --> PC send to Roland SPD-SX and set the song.
2 - Hit a pad on the SPD-SX --> Start the backing track on SPD-SX and let the SPD-SX send a midi note back to SLM to start an automation track. (The automation track will send midi notes to a DMX laptop to activate lights and fog)

I think this must be possible but will probably need some time to figure out. But what about the automation when we select the next song on SLM? Will the current automation continue running in the back even if select the next song? If so, that would be so great!

arlo

No, automation tracks stop when you change songs. But I can put a setting similar to Continue Audio When Changing Songs on my wish list.

mibmusic

I am not sure if this will be commonly used but you would make me happy 🤘