Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Is this expected behavior, or something configured wrong maybe?

Started by Zionplayer, May 13, 2019, 03:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zionplayer

I was going to post a wishlist item, but found yesterday that I think I only have half of a wishlist item?

Have 2 Bluetooth devices for sending MIDI to BandHelper (BH). Yamaha MD-BT01 for my guitar rig, AirTurn Stomp 6 for floor buttons. Works great, both do exactly what I need. Both units are set up to trigger BH MIDI commands for my Lighting program on computer. But something is a little odd...

I also constantly use Mix-32 (mixer app) when performing, and sometimes need to leave it on my screen. What I am finding is the Yamaha device sends and BH receives/triggers MIDI commands even when BH is in the background, but I think BH does not receive from the the AirTurn device when running in the background? They do connect differently - AirTurn Pairs with the iPad, Yamaha connects using BH - is this the reason it acts differently, and is there anything I can do to get it to work like the Yamaha device? Thanks!

arlo

The reason it acts differently is that the Stomp 6 isn't a MIDI device, it's a Bluetooth HID (keyboard) device. BandHelper can receive MIDI while in the background, but can't receive keyboard messages in the background. You'd need to use one of AirTurn's newer devices that supports its "AirDirect" mode, or use a MIDI foot switch like the iRig Blueboard. The new AirTurn BT-200 series can do both.

Zionplayer

Thanks Arlo.  I will pick up a BT200S-6.  Looks like it will do what I need.