Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Yamaha MD-BT01 Trouble - Anyone?

Started by Zionplayer, January 19, 2019, 04:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zionplayer

Looking for some help on my MD-BT01 device. I love using this bluetooth solution, and decided to buy another to use with our x32r board. To keep them straight I used the Yamaha app to rename one, and it also said there is new firmware, so I updated.

Turns out the new v1.05 firmware bricked my BT01,apparently loading UD-BT01 firmware instead, and of course it no longer works. I went to the app store looking for an update and the app itself has been removed!?  This doesn't look good..

From what little I know there is no way to 'revert' to older firmware, at least the app doesn't provide that option. Anyone else seen this issue? I have contacted Yamaha support, nothing yet.  Thanks!

Zionplayer

If anyone ends up with this issue - spoke with Yamaha customer service today... they say they will need to replace the MD-BT01 unit. Seems a little odd to me, but it will fix my problem so why not.  Seems like if they would issue a new firmware update, I could update the device and replace the zapped firmware. Maybe they tried that already and it didn't work.

Just letting you know, in case you find yourself in similar circumstance.

arlo

Thanks for the update ... let us know if that resolves it.

Zionplayer

Update - Yamaha Customer Support finally emailed their official response to me:

- yes we are aware of this issue, our utility screwed up and your device will no longer work and we might find a solution, until then you can't use it. Feel free to check in again to see if we fix it.

Worst Customer Support I have seen.

arlo

Whoa, it sounds like a child hacked into their ticketing system and started writing replies. Are they still going to replace the unit?

coachz

Firmware software that is any good should check the model of the unit is updating before it allows it to run to avoid bricking the device.  no bueno.

Zionplayer

I don't think they are going to replace it. When I spoke to one rep on the phone, replacement was what he said but the official email I received the next day was "too bad".  I of course responded to that email that they are idiots because I know they have replaced other units from my search on internet...

Have heard nothing from them in over a week... not inclined to call them back again either as I don't care to speak with them again. I can purchase a replacement from another manufacturer. The $50 was never the point...

coachz

I would get on the phone and start calling them and going up the ladder and not stopping. It's their fault not your fault. are they claiming it's your fault for some reason?