Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MIDI Beat Clock stopping between songs

Started by iguana, January 30, 2019, 12:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iguana

I've just started trying to use MIDI beat clock. I think I've got it working with my setup, but I have a question regarding BH's treatment of it when changing songs

From the sending MIDI tutorial (http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/sending_MIDI.html), "TO SEND TIMING (BEAT CLOCK) MESSAGES" heading:

3. In any song list, tap the Tempo button for a song. The icon will begin flashing, and the beat clock messages will be sent. If you select another song by tapping it, using a Bluetooth foot switch, or swiping through your documents, the beat clock will change to match the new song's tempo. You can stop the beat clock by tapping the active tempo button again.

This seems to say that if I turn the MIDI beat clock on (through a tempo button), then the beat clock should stay on when changing songs. And it should change tempo to the setting for the new song.

However, it does not stay on for me. When I press the tempo button, the beat clock starts. When I change the song, the beat clock (and tempo) stops. I can restart the beat clock by pressing the tempo button again (and it restarts at the correct tempo).

Am I missing something in my MIDI setup to allow the beat clock to continue between songs? Or has this bit of functionality been removed?

arlo

Hmm, that appears to be a very old bit of documentation that is no longer accurate. However, if you set a layout action to play the tempo on song selection, then it will work as described there. But I'll remove that bit from the tutorial.

iguana

iguana