Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Can't open my PDF's.

Started by The Saint, February 11, 2019, 04:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Saint

Hi

I login to the website fine and everything works normally. Except...

I try to open the PDF and get this message...

PDF.js v1.1.114 (build: 3fd44fd)

What am I doing wrong...? Can I only open the PDF's in the app...?

This only happens when I use the web browser on my iPad.  My ancient Windows machine works fine...

Thanks.

Graham

arlo

This would happen if there's an incompatibility between the web browser and the software that generated the PDF. You can usually get around it by using a different web browser, or re-exporting the PDF in a different way. If you want to troubleshoot that, please submit a help ticket:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

In your case, it would be much better to use the iOS app on your iPad instead of using the website.

The Saint

Hi Arlo and thanks for your quick reply.

I created the PDF's on my Mac and I'm using Safari as my browser on the iPad, so I'd like to think there was compatibility but I also tried Chrome with the same results.

I would use the app on my iPad but the screen is just too small to use on stage so I'm saving hard for a 12" iPad Pro...!!

I currently use a cheap (and somewhat unreliable tablet) but I would like to occasionally use my iPad to tinker.

It's no real problem, I think I'll just live with it until I can upgrade to a bigger screen.

Thanks again

Graham

arlo

If you're using the iPad anyway, why not use the iOS app on it? The app is designed for mobile use (touchscreen) while the website is designed for computer use (keyboard and mouse).

The Saint

You're right of course, I could use it.  But as I can't use it on stage, I've not bothered to download the app.

Plus it's mainly used by my wife and its storage is almost full with her own apps.

I'll have to put more gig money aside to pay for the iPad Pro...!!

Cheers

Graham