Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

SOLVED:Smartcopy: create from within smartlist/setlist

Started by pheldal, February 12, 2019, 03:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

The complaint below was a result of a bug in the app that has been corrected!

----------------------------------------------

At the bottom of the song-edit-form, when opened from a setlist or smartlist, there is a widget with the text "smartcopy". What is this for?

It doesn't indicate the state of the song being edited cause it looks the same regardless of whether it is an original or a smartcopy that is being edited. Nor does it seem to be a button cause it doesn't do anything.

It would be useful to be able to create smartcopies in this context. That would be a timesaver, and even more so if the current open list is a manually maintained one that would be adjusted automatically. I.e. create a smartcopy of a song from within a setlist and automatically have the original song swapped for the smartcopy in the open setlist. During a recent practise-session with a band we were preparing a setlist for an unplugged session which mean that keys had to be adjusted for some songs. Our keyboard-player isn't keen on playing songs in awkward keys like Ab/Eb on an acoustic piano;) The workflow would have been a lot smoother if I could have first created the setlist with the original songs, and then created the smartcopies and adjusted them as we worked our way down the list trying different keys for the songs. The current workflow would require me to close the list and go to "songs" to be able to create the smartcopies and then return to edit the setlist.

arlo

It would be useful to be able to create smartcopies in this context. That would be a timesaver, and even more so if the current open list is a manually maintained one that would be adjusted automatically. I.e. create a smartcopy of a song from within a setlist and automatically have the original song swapped for the smartcopy in the open setlist.

That is how it works.

It doesn't indicate the state of the song being edited cause it looks the same regardless of whether it is an original or a smartcopy that is being edited

When you click the Smart Copy button, you should see all the fields become faded, showing that you are now editing a smart copy that is inheriting from the original copy.

If you're not seeing that, please submit a help ticket.

pheldal

Quote from: arlo on February 12, 2019, 03:34:33 PM
When you click the Smart Copy button, you should see all the fields become faded, showing that you are now editing a smart copy that is inheriting from the original copy.

If you're not seeing that, please submit a help ticket.
I've been hitting every possible position on or around that what I thought and hoped was a button, but nothing happens. Maybe it's device-specific or related to the Android-version, but it doesn't work on any of my devices. I'll submit a ticket.

arlo

I got your ticket. This should be fixed in version 3.3.21 released today:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html