Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

BandHelper as my Command Center

Started by Zionplayer, February 15, 2019, 09:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zionplayer

Wanted to share my current story, as a huge commendation for BandHelper serving as a core app, and describe its flexibility. I am a guitar player running a Fractal FX III, and in our cover band I also run lights and monitor mix for myself and others. My setup has been great, and I am early on the list for the new Fractal FC foot controller so once I saw them start shipping I sold my other foot controller (mfc) in anticipation. As Murphy would have it, the shipment of FC controllers has gone slower than expected, and I am still without... and have gigs to play. Long story short, I had to figure something out with what I had access to.

Purchased an AirTurn 6
     – hooks to BandHelper on iPad Bluetooth, changes my Fractal Scenes 1-5, and my Volume Boost for lead parts.
Had a Yamaha MD-BT01
      – hooks to BandHelper on iPad Bluetooth, sends MIDI from AirTurn and BandHelper to change Preset and Scene on Fractal, etc. 
Had an iRig Blueturn
      - hooks to BandHelper on iPad Bluetooth, used to run my Mixer app, Last Song, next Song, reselect Song
Had another iRig Blueturn
      - hooks to iRig app on iPad Bluetooth, Bandhelper passes MIDI thru to control light scene changes per buttons 1-4 (off, spotlight guitar, spotlight singer, Crowd Blinders)

SUMMARY – even without my top of the line foot controller, I have configured BandHelper as my MIDI COMMAND and SONG control center. Using automation on each song, a song selection  changes our lights to a low color hue, spotlights the singer, and changes my guitar patch. A second select changes to the songs' specific Light scene/program and starts auto scroll. My 3 Bluetooth foot controllers provide 14 buttons to control my guitar rig, BandHelper or our light show, all by BlueTooth connections. None of this would work without BandHelper as Command Center.

arlo

I'm glad to hear it's working well for you!