Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Author Topic: Access to More than one layout screen  (Read 217 times)

Uwe

• S‘digg
Access to More than one layout screen
« on: February 27, 2019, 12:08:30 AM »
Hi Arlo,
Hi all
I am constantly at the limit what I can have on one layout screen.

It would be absolutely fab to have the option to call up a second or third layout from the first layout.
So I could split functions in several screen. I could have a page with only play controls or mixer functions.

Right now I make use of a second iPad to work this way.
Ideal would be a simple row of 1-2-3 buttons to select the layout needed.

Thanks for reading.
Cheers

arlo

• Administrator
Re: Access to More than one layout screen
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:26:19 AM »
You can add the Edit Layout button to your layout, then click the button and select a different layout from a popup. If you deactivate any layouts you're not using, that will make the list shorter.

It would be nice to change between layouts with a swipe, but that's already used for changing songs. We could do it with a two- or three-fingered tap gesture. I'll put that on my wish list.

Uwe

• S‘digg
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 10:01:45 AM »
Hi,
The point is, I don't want to leave the actual layout to select another.
Too slow, too difficult.

I could imagine a simple button or two that call up a new layout, but in the same song and setlist. Without doing anything except showing the 'second' screen for the actual song.

Perhaps the gesture could be more variable. I never use swipe for song change, I have two buttons (big one for forward, small for back).

Cheers uwe

arlo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 10:19:45 AM »
You don't have to leave the layout to select another. Just click the layout button and select another from the popup list.

arlo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 04:36:28 PM »
Yesterday's big release adds a Change Layout action to the layout edit details page. So you could, for example, change to the next available layout with a two-fingered tap. Note that you will need to add this layout action to every available layout, or else the function will stop working when you reach a layout that does not include it. You can deactivate layouts to make them unavailable and then this function will skip them.

All the new changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html