Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Access to More than one layout screen

Started by Uwe, February 27, 2019, 12:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uwe

Hi Arlo,
Hi all
I am constantly at the limit what I can have on one layout screen.

It would be absolutely fab to have the option to call up a second or third layout from the first layout.
So I could split functions in several screen. I could have a page with only play controls or mixer functions.

Right now I make use of a second iPad to work this way.
Ideal would be a simple row of 1-2-3 buttons to select the layout needed.

Thanks for reading.
Cheers

arlo

You can add the Edit Layout button to your layout, then click the button and select a different layout from a popup. If you deactivate any layouts you're not using, that will make the list shorter.

It would be nice to change between layouts with a swipe, but that's already used for changing songs. We could do it with a two- or three-fingered tap gesture. I'll put that on my wish list.

Uwe

Hi,
The point is, I don't want to leave the actual layout to select another.
Too slow, too difficult.

I could imagine a simple button or two that call up a new layout, but in the same song and setlist. Without doing anything except showing the 'second' screen for the actual song.

Perhaps the gesture could be more variable. I never use swipe for song change, I have two buttons (big one for forward, small for back).

Cheers uwe

arlo

You don't have to leave the layout to select another. Just click the layout button and select another from the popup list.

arlo

Yesterday's big release adds a Change Layout action to the layout edit details page. So you could, for example, change to the next available layout with a two-fingered tap. Note that you will need to add this layout action to every available layout, or else the function will stop working when you reach a layout that does not include it. You can deactivate layouts to make them unavailable and then this function will skip them.

All the new changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

arlo

With yesterday's release, you can edit your layout details and change the left/right swipe actions to change layouts instead of changing songs. As before, you'd need to do this in each active layout so you can continue paging through the layouts and not get stuck.

All of yesterday's changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html