Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Add “reselect current song” to the layout section

Started by Neill00, March 05, 2019, 04:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill00

Any chance we could get the reselect current song to the edit details of the layout?  That way when not hooked up to a remote control we could achieve the same thing by assigning it to a two or three finger tap.

arlo

Do you have the song list in your layout? If so, you can just select the song again the list. That's why it isn't a layout action -- it should be easily accessible from the song list.

Neill00

I have a button to bring up the song list... but it disappears when i select the song.  This gives me more screen for lyrics.  I have various control buttons along each side of the lyrics box including next song and previous song which i can use to go forward and back a song... it's a little easier than opening the song list button and re-aquiring the current song to slect it again.  But not as elegant or easy as a 2 finger tap would be.

arlo

How often do you need to reselect the current song? That shouldn't be something you'd have to do often, so two clicks (open the song list, click the song title again) wouldn't be too noticeable.

Neill00

I have the scroll on all the songs set up pretty nicely ... but it's all based on selecting the song giving it maybe a 4 count to get the tempo and then starting the song.   But of course everytime a band member needs a second to take a drink, or they just aren't ready within 4 beats of selecting the song.. etc etc etc... i have to reselect.  So ya..just about every song...lol.

I'm going to try to get into the habit of not advancing songs until everyone is ready to go, but for some reason it just psychologically seems hard to not want to get ready for the next song in advance.  Anyway, I'm sure there are more important features that you need to work on. I just thought if it wasn't to difficult to sort of copy that feature from the remote section to the layout edit details section that some might find it useful.  If i'm the only one that could use the feature there isn't much point in spending time on it. As I said it's mostly for rehearsals when I may not have the remote hooked up and for the other guys in the band that don't have remotes at all.

arlo

All right, if you're needing it that often, I'll put it on my wish list.

arlo

With yesterday's release, you can trigger Reselect Current Song from a two- or three-fingered tap gesture. If you're not using the left/right swipe gesture to change songs, you could also map it to one of those since the action of the swipe gesture is now configurable.

All of yesterday's changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html