Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Anomaly with documents and automation

Started by WashedUp, March 21, 2019, 03:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WashedUp

Many of my songs with tracks, I create automation to highlight lyrics, sections of the song, midi patch changes etc.

I will often also include a chart uploaded as a document.  Sometimes I like to open the chart to refamiliarize myself with the structure as the intro is playing. What happens though is when the automation tells it to highlight the first line of the lyric, Bandhelper crashes and closes.

This also happens if I am recording additional automation to do the same thing. Play recording, open document, send midi etc...
but if I allow the recording to continue to the point of a highlighted lyric line, Bandhelper again crashes.

It doesn't seem like this should be intended behavior.

arlo

To confirm, are you saying that when you're playing an automation track that includes highlights of lyrics lines, and you switch from viewing the lyrics to an attached document, the app crashes?

WashedUp

Only after it reaches the next automation point.  I would expect that it then go back to the lyric page, but that's when the crash happens.

arlo

I think the most logical behavior is that the app should ignore the lyrics highlight actions if the lyrics are no longer showing. I can tweak that for the next update.

WashedUp

I'd like that even better! Can I assume midi patch changes would still automate?

arlo

arlo

Okay, this should be fixed with yesterday's update.

All the new changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

WashedUp

Yes, it is indeed working now. Thank you!