Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Notification only working for confirmed events?

Started by Chris, April 04, 2019, 02:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hi arlo,
just submitted to the Pro-modules this morning and directly tried the schedule-functions.
Am I right in assuming that a notification is only sent to checked users if an event is confirmed?
If so, I would like to request a new feature:

We often add events to our schedule that are still in "requested" status but already want to double-check whether all band-members are available.
I thought that if I add a new event without confirming it but check the box for requested feedback, a notification is sent as well.
This seemingly is not how Bandhelper currently works as I did only receive notifications for confirmed events.

Can you enlighten me please?

Regards,
Chris

arlo

Acceptance requests are sent for unconfirmed events. If you want to use the acceptance request feature, you typically would not mark an event as confirmed until enough band mates have accepted it.

I think what you're seeing is that when you manage an event, BandHelper doesn't send acceptance requests to you, because it assumes you already know about the event and can enter your availability when you're setting up the event. You can, however, confirm that the requests are sent to your bandmates from the Account > Notifications page, which is a log of all sent notifications.

Chris

Already assumed so but was unsure.
Many thanks for the explanation.

LesStrangers

I personally would prefer to receive event requests as an admin. For one thing, I have another admin helping oversee the calendar. There have been several times when I also forget to manually accept a gig when setting up an event. Lastly, this gives me a feel for what notifications look like when I send them to other users.

I also feel that I still often find I need the option request additional people automatically after the the gig has been confirmed. I'll confirm a gig once I get the core people, but there are still others out there pending whom I need to get, such as additional horn players, or subs for this or that.

arlo

I personally would prefer to receive event requests as an admin. For one thing, I have another admin helping oversee the calendar.

How does that relate to having another admin oversee the calendar?

There have been several times when I also forget to manually accept a gig when setting up an event.

I just changed it so that you will receive the notifications when it comes up for a reminder. So if you forget to accept when adding the gig, this should catch it for you.

Lastly, this gives me a feel for what notifications look like when I send them to other users.

I can understand that, but I think the ongoing annoyance of getting notifications from yourself would outweigh the one-time benefit of seeing what the notifications look like. If you're curious enough about that, you could ask a bandmate to show you, or don't accept an event some time and wait for the reminder notification to come.

I also feel that I still often find I need the option request additional people automatically after the the gig has been confirmed. I'll confirm a gig once I get the core people, but there are still others out there pending whom I need to get, such as additional horn players, or subs for this or that.

I'm not sure what the issue is here. I guess my comment earlier in this thread was ambiguous: when you add more users to an event, availability requests will be sent to them regardless of the confirmed status.

LesStrangers

I think you provided good explanations here, Arlo.