Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature requests: In-App-Notifications, "Tentative"-option and remarks

Started by Chris, April 09, 2019, 06:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hi arlo,
I have now been digging my way into the schedule-functions and found two things that might be an enhancement to the workflow:

In-App-Notifications
Currently, the app button in iOs shows that there are pending notifications which is great. But when I open the app, the project overview does not show any hint of what project the notification is for. Two options would be possible to improve this:

1. The project overview shows the project in bold where a notification is pending
2. When clicking the notifications button in the project overview, all notifications are shown at once and by clicking any, you are automatically redirected to the according project they belong to

"Tentative"-Option and Remark-field
When checking an event, a bandmember might not be sure yet whether he is able to attend or not so while working in Google Calendar, he/she checks "tentative". Currently, this option is not available in Bandhelper so the reply would have to remain on pending and the bandmember therefore would be continuously sent reminders, correct?
A "tentative"-option then would allow the bandmember to show a reaction while still checking for a solution in the background.

In addition to this option, it would also be great to have the ability of adding a short note to the according reply (i.e. if they checked "decline", they could write "checking for a sub" or similar so the booker knows that this issue is already covered)

Regards,
Chris

arlo

Currently, the app button in iOs shows that there are pending notifications which is great. But when I open the app, the project overview does not show any hint of what project the notification is for.

Good idea; I'll add that to my wish list.

When checking an event, a bandmember might not be sure yet whether he is able to attend or not so in Google Calendar, he/she checks "tentative". Currently, they would not be able to choose an option and would be continuously sent reminders, correct?

I'm not sure what you mean here. The Google Calendar integration is read-only, so any changes made in Google Calendar would not flow back to BandHelper (and there is no "tentative" option for a user's reply in BandHelper). If someone doesn't yet know whether they can accept an event, they should just leave it at No Response until they know.

In addition to this option, it would also be great to have the ability of adding a short note to the according reply (i.e. if they checked "decline", they could write "checking for a sub" or similar so the booker knows that this issue is already covered)

It sounds like in this idea, the person invited would then invite their own sub. I think it's better if the person organizing the event selects a sub if needed.

Chris

Hi arlo,

I was a bit too late with adjusting my post to make it more clear. I referred to Google Calendar as we currently use this way of requesting feedback on availability.

The idea of the tentative-option simply is to visualize that a bandmate has already "realized" a gig-request but cannot yet confirm or revoke availability. While he/she would need to remain in "without reply" with the current options in Bandhelper receiving reminders over and over, choosing tentative would at least prevent the reminders.

The idea of a comment does not have any additional functionality but is simply a short note shown for the bandmate so he/she can leave a quick info whether something specific caused their availability-decision. It is not connected with the ability to invite or change the users of the event.
To make it more clear, the user list could look as follows (having both ideas implemented):

Accepted:
Mate 1
Mate 2 (I will be late for soundcheck)
Mate 4

Tentative:
Mate 3 (Checking for sub, otherwise I will be there)
Mate 5 (Need to request a day off at work first)

Declined:
Mate 6 (off on vacation)

Hope this makes it more clear.

Chris

arlo

Okay, a field for a brief comment sounds good; I'll add that to my list.

But adding a new status that means "viewed" and stops the reminders seems like it would defeat the purpose of the reminders. You might just need to be more generous with the reminder interval. I like 18 hours, because you don't have to wait a whole 24 hours if someone forgets, but it doesn't make people feel like they're being harassed multiple times a day.

Chris

Appreciated concerning the new status.
The comment would definitely solemnly serve the same or an even better purpose :)

Chris

Hi arlo, hope you are well.
Just wanted to get back on this topic to see whether the comment which can be added to a schedule reply is maybe higher up on the wishlist yet.
Just had another occasion where it would have been great to be able and add a short comment on my ,,maybe"-reply to a gig due to necessary double-checking concerning a babysitter.

Best regards, Chris

arlo

Chris

arlo

Ah, but since version 2023-02-24, notification icons are shown next to each project on the Accounts list that has unread notifications.

Chris

Hi arlo,
thanks for getting back on this. I already happily realized this feature a while back. Looking forward to maybe somewhen in the future also see the other ideas implemented.

Cheers,
Chris