Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bandhelper and Luminair

Started by Galasl, April 20, 2019, 06:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galasl

Hi, I am new to bandhelper and need some help. I am trying to link my luminair light program to a click track sent to the band triggered by bandhelper so I can pre program lights/sequences to the beat of my bands songs, but I'm having a terrible time knowing where to start. A how to tutorial would be so greatly appreciated! My setup is a iPad through a artnet dmx interface via ipad and would like to incorporate my behringer midi fcb1010. I need a lighting midi mentor please! Thx in advance guys.

arlo

If you can explain where you're stuck or what questions you have, it will be easier to help you.

Galasl

Let's start with getting the click track into bandhelper. If I want it to be exact (4 click to start and ending after a specific number of measures for the end of the song) am I able to do this within bandhelper, or do I need to create it on a daw and import it to bandhelper?

arlo

If you're okay with the built-in click sounds from Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Click Sound, then turn on Auto-Stop After Song Duration, then enter the duration for each song.

If you want different click sounds, or a different sound for the count-off, or any audio cues added, you can create a recording in a DAW and attach the recording to your song.

Galasl

Thx, that was helpful. So now I'm having trouble with knowing what values to put in the midi presets to get it to do display any particular scene. I'm in the midi presets page and dont know what to put in for program changes, control changes and/or raw midi.
Once you have the correct code, do you attach the preset to the song? Then when you choose the song, then it should display the command?

Galasl

Does luminair's midi learn come into play somewhere here?

arlo

You could use MIDI Learn, but I assume Luminair is already set up to respond to particular MIDI messages, so then it's just a matter of finding out what those messages are -- typically from the Luminair user manual.

Yes, you would put those into a MIDI preset, then attach the preset to a song, then you have several options for triggering the preset to send. One simple way is to set Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details > Actions > Send MIDI to Song Selection.