Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Midi preset dropdown list in edit mode when automating

Started by tropx, April 20, 2019, 10:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tropx

It would probably help to explain my workflow first. I make Mpeg4's with the lyrics and the backing track. This way I have everything in perfect sync and relatively low file size plus lyrics for a tele prompter. Basically a karaoke video for lack of a better term. All I need to do now is simply make an automation track to trigger my lighting and effects changes. The problem is that there is no timeline to make fast accurate editing..

Would it be possible to add a dropdown list in edit mode when automating?
Example: I get 3/4 of the way through a song and accidentally hit the wrong midi preset when automating midi. The way it is now, I can only go into edit mode and remove the preset then start all over again (very time consuming and frustrating). Yes, I know that I can enter a preset then enter the time but I still have to play the whole song to see if I'm close.
It would be great if I could just go into edit mode, click on the mistaken entry and see a list of the available midi presets assigned to that automation track and just swap to the correct preset (the preset that I meant to hit).
Or would it be possible to sync a video to the automation track so I would only have to rewind or fast forward the video and re-enter the preset. Anything that would prevent one from having to play the song all the way over every time one needs to make an edit. Something like Show Buddy.

Don't get me wrong, SLM is a brilliant application, I love it but when I get to the midi editing it really gets frustrating.

Thanks

arlo

It would be great if I could just go into edit mode, click on the mistaken entry and see a list of the available midi presets assigned to that automation track and just swap to the correct preset (the preset that I meant to hit).

This used to be possible, but it doesn't seem to be working now. I'll look into that as part of the next update in about a month.

Or would it be possible to sync a video to the automation track so I would only have to rewind or fast forward the video and re-enter the preset. Anything that would prevent one from having to play the song all the way over every time one needs to make an edit.

Adding events directly, rather than recording them in real time, is on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

arlo

Actually this does work if you select a specific MIDI preset when recording (as opposed to just clicking the single MIDI button and sending whatever the default preset is). You can edit the automation track, click the Send MIDI Preset action that's incorrect, then it expands to show the details for that automation event. Then click the MIDI preset name to open a popup menu where you can select a different preset to replace it.

arlo

In the app version 4.0 released yesterday, you can click Add an Event in the automation track edit window to add an event directly. You can then adjust the timing as needed.

All today's changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

tropx

Thanks. This looks great. However, I have to go out and buy a new tablet now.. my Android version isn't high enough. Been wanting a good excuse to do just that http://forum.arlomedia.com/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

can't wait to try it.

tropx

OH OH! upgraded to version 3.. none of my songs will play now. Ill submit a ticket but if you have any immediate ideas, please let me know. Need it tonight.

arlo