Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Stage Plot and light elements?

Started by CharlyP, May 26, 2019, 05:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlyP

Hi Arlo,

How about adding basic elements for lights to the stage plot feature?

arlo

This is an area I don't know anything about. I see the stage plot as a document primarily used by the sound person (and stage hands if you have them). Who would be the audience for lighting info? And would that normally go onto the same document as the sound info, or a separate document?

CharlyP

For my needs it would be sufficiant to do this on the same document (but another doc would also be an option).
The idea behind my question is to give also the necassary (meta) information to the ,helping hands' and organizer regarding to electricity connections and the position of the light elements. It would be okay to have only a few ,basic' icons (light on the ground, light in the air, fogger/hazer).

arlo

I'll put this on my wish list, but it seems (after very brief research) that a lighting plot is a different thing and would normally be a separate document.

In my app, you could add electrical power connections, and you could use the notes to say something about the lighting. Otherwise here's an app that is designed for lighting plots:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lighting-designer/id511366142#?platform=ipad