Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Moving Items with Subtasks

Started by megahertz, March 16, 2024, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megahertz

Here's a checklist with two levels of subitems:
A
  B
    C
    D
E

Now I decide that B should really be a subitem of E. I edit B to change its parent to E and the result is...
A
    C
    D
E
  B
The subitems of B don't move with it. Their parent is still B, they remain indented, and they can't be manually moved into place below B.

I've also noticed that the history links to the left when editing checklist items don't seem to do anything. Could be because I use Edge browser?

.    Marc

arlo

"The subitems of B don't move with it"

I see that problem and will put it on my to do list for the next update.

"the history links to the left when editing checklist items don't seem to do anything. Could be because I use Edge browser?"

Are you clicking the history links starting with "items = "? Those are working for me in Safari, but I can check in Edge when I work on the previous problem.

arlo

This is fixed in the website now and will be fixed in the apps in the next update.

The history links in the sidebar are working for me after rearranging checklist items. However, they will not undo changes to a checklist's parent item since that is a part of the checklist item, not the checklist. You would need to go to the Admin > History page to undo changes to that.