Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Certain changes not sticking in the database

Started by pheldal, June 12, 2019, 04:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

This is a problem I do not have myself, but have discovered on the accounts and devices belonging to a couple bandmates. I only had time for a quick check during our practise-session, but couldn't see anything obvious cause.

One person has a problem changing colour and position of embedded chords. Change, save, back to the menu, then reopen prefs and it looks as if nothing happened. I would understand an error such as for example "permission denied", but the app show no sign of anything wrong. This problems has since been filed as ticket #22335   This problem was with an older smartphone running Android 6.0

Yesterday our keyboard-player was unable to make changes to personal transpose stick. No error message or other problem indicated by the app in this case either. I was able to edit and save other information about songs from the same account/tablet.

arlo

We'll respond to your help ticket about the chord edits. Please submit a ticket about the personal transpose and we'll respond to that, too.

pheldal

Forgot to ask my most important question for the thread: Is it possible for more than one external individual to contribute to a ticket, or can it only be associated with the person filing the report?  Can for example a second user having a similar problem contribute debugging-information to an existing ticket filed by some other user if (s)he knows the ticket id?  It should be easy for you to see if two debugging-reports come from users both using the same band-account.

arlo

Yes, multiple people can submit troubleshooting info to the same ID, and multiple people can view and add to the ticket if you share the link.

pheldal

Quote from: arlo on June 12, 2019, 02:00:52 PM
Yes, multiple people can submit troubleshooting info to the same ID, and multiple people can view and add to the ticket if you share the link.
Submit info is done by ticket-id so that is given, but view/add via the web-server requires the entire URL including both ticket and token which makes it hard to differentiate users unless you do it by client IP. It would be nice if it had been possible to only refer to the ticket and then be added as a secondary client that also could subscribe to email-notifications for the ticket. I see that it is possible to edit username/email when adding information but I didn't try that yet as I was afraid changes possibly would disassociate the original user from the ticket.

arlo

The ticketing system doesn't have that kind of functionality. You can share your link with another person and they can submit to it, but it will appear as if it is from you. However, they could easily write something like "Hey, this is Joe" in their message to differentiate.