Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Repertoire - Uploading PDF's vs Song Page Lyrics/Chord sections

Started by themetallikid, July 06, 2019, 08:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themetallikid

Is there any strategic advantage to one or the other?  On the surface it would seem PDFs maybe you have more editing ability and maybe easier to just upload/attach them to a song?

I have all my songs entered as seperate chord/lyrics on the song entry page.

themetallikid

Ok, makes sense.  I think I'll be moving all my files to word docs as I think I like that layout better or can have a bit more flexibility with the editing of the documents.

I assume then that when I get my other MIDI connections working, that I can still do all the same things like prev/next song when I have a document pulled up, and just move to the next songs document?

arlo

I would recommend setting up the files in Word, but then exporting the Word files as PDFs and attaching the PDFs. Word files don't display as accurately on iOS and don't display at all on Android and the website.

Yes, you can use the same remote control actions with attached documents as with built-in lyrics.

themetallikid

sweet thanks for those tips Arlo, I meant PDF, but yes I will more than likely do so.  Now that I think I have my Midi connections sorted out correctly, i'm gonna try with the on board lyrics/chords first and if I dont like it, spend a night transferring them all to word/pdf.

Is there an easy option instead of just copy/paste within each song?
Id imagine you have an export option somewhere...

arlo

You could use the Share Songs function for a set list or smart list to export the lyrics as a PDF file, but that wouldn't do you much good because a PDF isn't easily editable, and you're going to want to change the appearance of the file anyway or else there wouldn't be any point in converting.

themetallikid

makes sense....I assume i would be using the same CC numbers/items to scroll and change songs whether using the onboard or PDF option?

arlo

Yes, the remote control functions work almost exactly the same with built-in lyrics versus attached documents. The only difference is that lyrics don't have "pages" unless you add markers, so the Next/Previous Page actions behave the same as the Next/Previous Screen actions for lyrics without markers.

themetallikid

when trying to export for easier copy/pasting, by going into my Acoustic Potential Setlist, and selecting Share Songs and then download....i'm getting this error "TCPDF ERROR: Wrong page number on setPage() function: 6".  I got the same error last night...but I th ink the 6 was a 3 instead.

arlo

I've seen that and it's on my to do list to look into. Does the Auto-Fit to Page option avoid that problem?

themetallikid

checking that option did allow me to download the songlist

arlo

Okay, this should be working without the Auto-Fit option now.