Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Visibility of Pause in iPad setlist

Started by Ahiru, July 09, 2019, 02:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahiru

When viewing a setlist using a layout similar to the 'Split View' layout, I see an inserted Pause as just a double-rule line between songs.  It's pretty hard to see, so just checking if there is anyway to make this more visible (so you can easily glance ahead to see when the next pause is coming).

I'm guessing no, based on this from the Release Notes, but just checking..
Quote(Currently the only way to view a pause is to step forward from the preceding song using a swipe gesture, a layout action or a remote control action in the set list view.)

Chris

Dumb question but is the purpose of a pause the ending of a set or a pause within a set (i.e. for a speech or similar at a wedding)?

Ahiru

(Not dumb!) For us we'd use it as a kind of pre-determined time for longer between-song banter; i.e. bang through most songs back to back until you get a 'Pause'.  So better 'pause' visibility would help in glancing at the setlist as a song is coming to an end to determine whether you need to immediately prepare for the next song.

arlo

If you give a pause a name (selecting from your predefined list of pause names), then the name will appear in the list and that would make it more visible. Pause names are typically things like "Introduce the band," but you could also create a simple name like "Pause" and select that for all the pauses.

Ahiru

Thanks Arlo... I thought I had tried that (giving it a name), but I must not have synced properly after I tried it.  That works perfectly!

Ahiru

BTW, it would nice if you could change the color of a Pause name (so it could stand out in the list easier)  ;D

arlo

Do you mean change the color for all pauses, or set a different color for each pause name?

Ahiru

QuoteDo you mean change the color for all pauses, or set a different color for each pause name?
Just an assignable color for all pauses would be fine for me.  I'd use something like yellow or orange to make it stand out among song names.
(Others who use pauses more extensively might find a per-pause-name color useful...)

arlo